Thursday 3 May 2018

JUST HOLD ON!

"Oh, thank God it's weekend, I'm going to spend it with my boo", she expressed in enthusiasm. 
.
"As for me it is time to hang out with the boys for flexing, weekend vibes", he said overjoyed. 
.
Before you hop into that vehicle to travel or that cab to go visiting, before you start drinking so hard, just hold on and have a rethink; what benefit will this step add to your life, purpose or destiny?
.
I remember when I do travel to see my boyfriend from school without the knowledge of my parents, oh don't act like you don't know how that love do 'shark', the feeling of wanting to be with him or her at any free moment.
.
I was barely on campus weekends, but guess what? The relationship ended and when I started working I still travel to check on my 'guy' too till I got to a point and I saw that I was only going in circles and I had to return to God.
.
This is not only applicable to unbelievers but also to those in the household of faith. Then, I was a church worker, having a boyfriend (I trust you know the type of boyfriend I mean). Christians, fire branded ready for exploits brothers and sisters are also concerned in this. Please do not allow weekend vibes to destroy the fire of God in you, don't let it take the presence of God away from you so that your life won't be an Ichabod.
.
While we were on our way to office yesterday, we saw some damaged shops and we were told that a guy who was driving back from the club, hit the shops with his car. I even heard of one that almost jumped into the river, and one that peeped on himself where he fell down and slept off.
.
Of what use is this alcohol thing doing to your body? And of what use will sex contribute to your destiny?
.
Your time is your life, and how you spend it shapes your character, your happiness, your success and your future. How does God want us to spend our time?
.
To really be on fire for God this year; It’s important to carefully consider how you use your free time and on what you should spend it on. Remember, how you spend your time determines how you spend your lives.
.
How does your use of your free time affect you and others? Do you crave for spending time with God and for the expansion of His kingdom here on earth?
.
The only way to make your time count well is to use it for God, how sad will it be if you return to God and He says despite all the time I gave you, is this all you could do?
.
Make your time count for God because eternity is just a step closer!
.
God bless you
Oluwatoyin Aremu

No comments:

Post a Comment