Tuesday 19 June 2018

HE'S INTERESTED.

I was to get somewhere on Sunday after service and had to go with the public transport. I saw some Keke, popularly called (tricycle) and people were rushing in. I felt I cannot do this not even with all my Sunday serious dressing (smiles), so I looked away hoping that I will get comfortably when I get to their park.
.
Unfortunately, the park was where the real struggle began and I had to re-adjust and be ready to struggle for one too, eventually by His grace I got one right in my front and I rushed inside but I had another issue; I was with 1000 naira note and I'm to pay 50 naira as the fare. 
.
"If I tell the driver immediately I risk the chance of coming down, I kept quiet and hoped to get something to buy along the way but alas there was nothing to buy", I contemplated.
.
I handed over the situation to God in prayer to avoid embarrassment. I muttered words of prayer to God to please make change available for me without troubles. I then summoned courage and said, "Please sir 1000 naira change". The person seated next to me was making jest and the driver concurred. I refused to be moved by that but gave the situation to God. 
.
After a while the driver said, "Well, I'll give you the change because o ba ori mi nile (how do we translate this o, okay which means I'll give you the change as I'm in my good state). I looked at the other passenger and now laughed my own laugh, he was just looking, the driver even called other drivers to get more change for mine to be balanced.
.
I said to myself, I did not meet you in your good state, my God did a reset in you to bring you to a state of favour for me. Ehn, my father my God, thank you for always being interested in all that concerns us! 
.
As I was relaying this to my hubby last night, it occurred to me to let you know that God is interested in you, in every little details about you. Writing this article, I just realize that at the verge of God stepping in, the devil tried to make me angry but I did not by His grace; not that I'm calling that person a devil don't get me wrong but we know devil can come in any form. Ordinarily it was not his business to talk about the issue as he is not the driver but he took it up to mock me which could make me angry but I chose to be calm and focus on God not minding the man and even the driver.
.
You never know how close you are to your blessing(s), do not be distracted by people who do not know who lives in you and He's bringing you to an expected end. 
.
I pray that God will make you sensitive always. My husband said recently that, "The forces fighting for our destiny as children of God are far more than the ones fighting against it and the important thing is for God to open the eyes of our understanding to see and walk in the light so that you can see these forces fighting for us. The same thing is applicable to the delivery of our blessings.
.
Since God is so interested in you, it will be perfect for you to also be interested in Him and His works. Shun sin, worldly distractions, accept Him and have faith. He said 'Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.' (Matt.11:28-29). 
.
Remember, no soul can really be at rest until he has given up all dependence on God alone as our rest lies in looking unto the Lord and not ourselves.
.
Will you also enter your resting place today? Hand over that situation to Him, He is interested in it and I decree that you will testify in the name of Jesus.



By Oluwatoyin Aremu.

No comments:

Post a Comment