Wednesday 13 June 2018

PARDON THEM.

As I was about posting today’s article, I saw this and it worth sharing again. I once had a relationship I thought will never end except I let go (smiles), I got the shock of my life when it ended, my trust was broken, was embarrassed publicly, suddenly became an outcast, I was completely devastated and refused to be consoled, I decided to carry the pain for as long as possible and kept issues to myself only.
.
Everyone moved on, I thought I’d moved on too but after some years I found out that truly I was stagnant, angry and still holding onto the pain, I remember I wept so much that day when I eventually had the opportunity to say my mind or tell my side of the story (my good and bad though) and was to forgive him, it was very tough because the pain to me that day was still as fresh as ever. I learned very important lessons that day which I will share with you today and which led me to eventually forgive and pray for this person.
.
Now I am not saying this story to spite anyone but to teach others how unforgiving spirit can ruin one’s life even when you are supposed to be free. Lesson one is when you hold someone in your heart, I mean when you refuse to forgive, you also in a way deter your own growth; I took a good look into my so called ‘moved on’ and realized I was stagnant, I had no peace or joy, of course no stable relationship, was bitter and nothing was really working well for me. You see why I needed to let go? Beloved, it is my joy to see you happy either in a relationship or not, that is why I am pleading with you this morning to let go of any hurt from anyone no matter how painful. Do not allow the hurt to rule your life, you deserve to be happy and this is applicable to everyone married, single, young or old, what pain are you still nursing, let it go and let God today. I became a better person after I let go and my story changed, please let go.
.
Lesson two; do not transfer the pain to another person. This has to do with relationship, yes your trust was once broken but that doesn’t mean you cannot trust again, why are you with someone you do not trust? It won’t work, trust is as important as communication and love in any relationship. Like I do say each person represents him/herself and not a representative for all, therefore do not see the next person in the light of the previous. I do not mean you should jump into another after the initial, take time to heal up, learning from your mistakes and allow God to direct you.
.
Let me stop at lesson two for now, you need helpful tips that can help or guide you to find forgiveness easy? Check my blog; www.kingdomelectyouth.blogspot.com for an article titled “Forgiveness’. God is more interested in you forgiving others,‘Therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, put on tender mercies, kindness, humility, meekness, longsuffering; bearing with one another, and forgiving one another, if anyone has a complaint against another; even as Christ forgave you, so you also must do’ (Col.3:12-13)
.
God bless you.

By Oluwatoyin Aremu

No comments:

Post a Comment