Friday 15 June 2018

What's Driving You?

Every body is driven by something in life, either positive or negative. I remember there was a period I was driven by anger, I was angry at everything happening around me and always hoping for revenge for those that hurt me. I believe someone right now is also in this situation. Some are driven by their past, money, material possessions, fear, worry/anxiety, insecurity, frustration, depression and so on. My question to you this morning is, what is driving you?
.
The drivers I mentioned above (fear, money, past etc) are not the original plan of God for your life, no they are not! He wants you to be purpose driven people, riding with His plan, and will for your lives because that is where significance and satisfaction comes from. You are not here by chance or by error, you are on mother earth for a purpose, always remember that.
.
2 Tim.1:9; "Who has saved us and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace which was given to us in Christ Jesus before time began" and this is a confirmation that He has a purpose for you even before you were formed. Many live for survival, just to make ends meet, they live by the time and has no defined reason for living, some live for success where they can be comfortable, making good money for themselves and maybe family but no satisfaction. Some live for significance which is knowing your reason for existing and this is not a function of how wealthy you are but how impactful you are and can be.
.
How then can you live a godly and purposeful life? Firstly, it is not enough to be purposeful but it is paramount to be godly so that you can glorify God with your life just as our Lord Jesus did, let your standard be from the Word of God and not from the world we live in! So to define your purpose, you must first have a relationship with God who knows all about you, God is not just the starting point of your life; He is the source of it.
.
To discover your purpose in life you must turn to God’s Word, not the world’s wisdom. You must build your life on eternal truths. Ephesians 1:11 says, “It’s in Christ that we find out who we are and what we are living for. You discover your identity and purpose through your relationship with Jesus Christ".
.
What gave me joy and took away anger, frustration away from me was when I found my reason for existing, when I found my essence, it motivates, creates concentration, and satisfaction. You also can do same, what is your purpose, what is driving you? Jesus was a purpose driven person, He said in Jn. 17:4 'I have brought You glory on earth by completing the work You gave me to do.' Will this be your testimony too?




By Oluwatoyin Aremu.

No comments:

Post a Comment