Tuesday 24 July 2018

EMPTY ROOM.

Old belongings and unwanted things are mostly packed in an unused available room making it sometimes unkempt. An unused room can accommodate anything. In such rooms, you'll have the largest number of cockroach, rats and so on, smiles. Who invited these pests into this room? Nothing but the state of disarray in the room, no one takes care or takes responsibility for such room except these pests who makes it their lovely abode.
.
Then, someone wants to make use of this room, there comes arrangement, application of insecticides, room spray to smell well, nice decoration to look well and so on, it means someone now owns that room and the dirty unused room has become clean used room.
.
So also it is with our lives, a life without Christ is just like the empty room without the owner, which can accommodate just anything at any time. Science told us that nothing is empty, the devil can come in and out of such life, such life exhibits fully grown works of the flesh, little foxes find their way into such life to manipulate (Solomon 2:15).
Some people in this category are so afraid of almost everything they see, hear or perceived, some can't even sleep at night. A life controlled by the devil cannot experience joy, because joy is from the Lord. Just like an unused room cannot be occupied for better usage without your approval or invitation, a life controlled by the devil and his cohorts cannot be changed without your readiness to invite Christ to clean up your room which is your heart or life.
.
Do you want your room to be clean and neatly decorated? You can take the step today by turning to God now and inviting Christ into your life as your Lord and Saviour, asking for forgiveness and be ready to follow Him alone because only he who dwells in the secret place of the most high can abide under His shadow (Psalm 91).
If you're ready, just say this prayer; "Dear God I know I'm a sinner, I know I am not where I want to be, and I want your forgiveness! I believe that Jesus died on the cross to pay the price for my sins. Please wash me clean from all sin, shame, and guilt, come into my life Jesus to be my Lord and Saviour. I ask this in your name Jesus. Amen!"
If you just said that prayer, congratulations you are now a child of God.
.
Another important thing is; the room cannot be continually clean if you don't take care of it, this is an aspect some Christians have also neglected. Don't stay at the Cross and stare, you need to work to make the devil afraid of coming to your room again (Matt. 12:43-45).
Pray, study the word, love others, evangelize, be kind and so on (Matt.3:8, Luke 3:8), all these are the ingredient needed to keep your room neat with the occupant. An empty Christian is a potential prey for Satan, be filled with His presence always!
.
Confession: I give my heart to You
.
Prayer: Lord please revive me, and make me heavenly conscious. Fill me with your Spirit so as not to be an empty Christian
.
God bless you

By Oluwatoyin Aremu. 

No comments:

Post a Comment