Friday 27 July 2018

WHAT GOD HAS CLEANSED.

I write this article with a heavy heart this morning, some things are not supposed to be seen or heard amidst Christians and this issue is fast becoming common. Please note that this is not about any gender advocacy as I will be straight and probably direct.
.
I remember after I summoned courage to tell my husband my past when we were courting due to previous experience of rejection and disappointment, he said and I quote 'Who am I to call what God has cleansed unclean?
.
Then I had peace. He acknowledged this because he has submitted himself to the total will of God and did not see himself better than anyone but it is shameful and painful that these days christian brothers cannot take a lady cleansed by God because she had a past!
.
I am not saying whatever she did in the past was right but I am saying she has acknowledged it and settled it with her Creator, then what else should be the problem? You prayed and God who sees the end from the beginning says she's the one and you're questioning Him because of her past, do you think God did not know about that too before choosing her for you? My advice to brothers in this scenario is that, go back to God and ask for forgiveness because He has not made you a judge over anyone and therefore you have no right to judge anyone.
.
My dear truly redeemed sisters, if a man is ashamed of you because of your past, he has no right in your future, so lift your head, smile, and enjoy God. Don't think you're paying for any past mistake, Jesus has paid all your debts and soon, a man who sees your sun, rather than your sin will come your way.
.
Don't be discouraged by what such men see in you, be encouraged by what God sees in you. Remember that, strong women don't play victim, they don't make themselves look pitiful and don't point fingers; they stand and they deal, don't go begging for the relationship so that you don't keep begging for him to stay in the union. A clear rejection is better than a fake promise.
.
Do not allow this kind of situation push you into pretending for the great man God has for you, in a world where you can be anything, please be yourself and do not hide your past. I make bold to tell you that the God who did for me and I'm enjoying it will do more for you and you shall be celebrated. In case you have not settle your past with Him, please do now by confessing and ask for forgiveness, He will accept you.
.
I love you and God loves you more


By Oluwatoyin Aremu.

No comments:

Post a Comment