Tuesday 21 August 2018

Second Time.

I grew up knowing God, oh I love being available for anything that has to do with the work of God but towards the end of my secondary school education, I embarked on derailing journey. 
.
I had a boyfriend who we call 'future partner' then, I'm really smiling remembering this future partner saga. We had this relationship for 5 years, it didn't started out as an ungodly relationship until after the second year I think, that is when i became a married single, I'll go to his school to perform the duties of a wife and still a worker in the house of God. This article is long but please try to read on.
.
Fast forward to the 5th year, the relationship hit the rock in a very painful way, I was embarrassed in public, was detested, rejected and what have you (that's story for another day), I was frustrated and as if that was not enough, I had financial issues at home and schooling became totally difficult that I almost dropped out. 
.
Thank God who still had mercy on me and used my pastor who refused to give up on me to get me a job while schooling so as to support myself, many then did not know I was working and schooling and so they felt my waywardness had stepped on higher by not being in school many times. I assumed a fatherly duties and began to have ungodly relationships in a bid to be loved and accepted by someone.
.
The more I do this, the farther I am from God, all these relationships did not work despite my ability to perform wife duties! I did not wait for the second to the last relationship to crash before I bowed out as I already saw it coming, there and then I realized I was going in circles, no happiness, no peace, I was just filled with anger and bitterness. 
.
I then cried back to the God I had deserted a long time, the One that saved me even when death was asking for my life and yet I did not go back to His merciful arm but now I ran back and said:
.
Lord I need to feel the touch of Your hand
Your will for my life I want to understand
Lord forgive me like only You can
For your the God of a second chance
Lord I'm tired of the way that I am 
In Your love I want to live and stand
To adhere to Your every command
For You're the God of a second chance
.
Chrs: Show me
All of my wrongs
Forgive me
And make strong
Oh Save me
Restore my soul
For You're the God of a second chance
.
This God forgave me totally, cleansed me and made me a new being, gave me a second time, I decided never to look back and kept asking for grace which He gave me. Even when I had a godly relationship that almost turned ungodly and my past was not accepted, despite the pain, He made me see the better part of the breakup, that is why I appreciated him for leaving so that I can completely find myself in God.
.
What state are you right now and you think He cannot accept you, what is the cause of this anger and bitterness that has taken away your peace and happiness, why is everything looking dark for you at the moment, why is your life going in circles and no headway, what sin are you struggling with even when you are a worker in Church? 
.
I am here to tell you today that Jesus is ready to accept you the way you are and recreate you in the way He wants. I did not return to Him for the sake of husband but He gave me the best man as a gift.
.
The devil has come to do nothing than to steal, kill and destroy. He wants to steal your happiness, kill your purpose/destiny and destroy your soul, will you allow him? 
.
There is no better joy than the joy of Christ, I have tasted both and I know the best that is why I'm also inviting you, you are not too bad for repair, He sees you as treasure and not trash, would you join me to sing this song as you genuinely accept Him? 
.
I’ve wandered far away from God,
Now I’m coming home;
The paths of sin too long I’ve trod,
Lord, I’m coming home.
.
Chrs: Coming home, coming home,
Never more to roam;
Open wide Thine arms of love;
Lord, I’m coming home.
.
He will forgive you if you are ready. This is the day of salvation.



By Oluwatoyin Aremu.

No comments:

Post a Comment